Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

One of My Garden Projects

When I took Schatze Page (my 5 month old Bernese Mountain Dog) outside this morning, the garden outside my backdoor looked so refreshing after all the rain, that I couldn't help but take some pictures!

The area between the back door and swimming pool is one of my favorite parts of the property. On both sides of the walkway my grandparent's always kept things very "natural" and a grape arbor covers most of the path. Needless to say, I can't wait to make wine and jelly this fall!
Lately, I've been trying to clean things up a bit, but I think I'm leaving the may apples. They remind me of going hunting for morel mushrooms; if only I had some of those growing amidst the may apples! I've also divvied up some hostas I had growing around the side of my house and transplanted them along the walkway to the pool.

Then there's this bush:

It's a very nice, leafy plant, but no one seems to have any clue what it is: do you?

No comments: