Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Breakfast: Pumpkin Muffins


While I'm thankful for many things this year, I'm extra thankful that I'm doing absolutely zero cooking and/or baking for this year's Thanksgiving dinner (last year I hosted over 20 crazy family members). If you're hosting today, you probably aren't up for any more baking than is absolutely necessary. However, if you're like me and have abandoned the cooking ship, these muffins are a tasty, easy treat for breafast or just a pre-dinner snack. This recipe is also excellent for using up any leftover pumpkin.

I wanted mini and regular-sized muffins so I divvied up the batter, which made 24 mini and 8 regular muffins.

Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
1- Egg
1 - Cup Pureed Pumpkin
1/2 Cup - Milk
1/2 Cup - Canola Oil
1 Tsp - Vanilla Extract

2 Cups - Flour (I would normally use all whole wheat, but I was running low, so I used half white and half whole wheat in the pictures shown)

1/3 Cup - Sugar
1 Tablespoon - Baking Powder
1 Tsp - Salt
1 Tsp - Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp - Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp - Ginger

1 Cup - Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Generously grease muffin tins
- Lightly beat eggs
- Add pumpkin, oil, and milk: mix 'til combined
- In separate mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 parts to pumpkin mixture, and stir until the flour is just incorporated
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Spoon batter into tins
- Sprinkle batter with raw sugar (optional, but recommended)
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: