Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Here's How My Garden (hopefully) Grows


Several weeks ago I put in a massive order to Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company. Not gonna lie, the day the seeds arrived in the mail was really exciting! Not only are they all the packets so pretty and exciting, but they also brought with them the promise of Spring. I've already started the tomatoes, peppers, tomatillos, and eggplants; later this week I'll also start some cabbage and broccoli. It doesn't matter how many times I start a garden, there's something about watching seedlings sprout that never ceases to amaze me.

Below is a list of what I plan on growing this year (so far anyway):
Dragon Tongue Bush Bean
Romanesco Italia Broccoli
Chioggia Beet
Cour Di Bue Cabbage
Cosmic Purple Carrot
De Bourbonne Cucumber
Pandora Striped Rose Eggplant  
Rocky Top Lettuce Mix
Albino Bullnose Pepper
Purple Beauty Pepper
Five Color Silver Beet Chard
Tomatillo Purple
Orange Fleshed Purple Smudge
Mortgage Lifter Tomato
Violet Jasper or Tzi Bi U Tomato
German Red Strawberry
Reisetomate Tomato

Here's Praying for a Bountiful Growing Season! 


No comments: